Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple viewports

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
wbrustle
409 Views, 5 Replies

multiple viewports

I have a profile set up for about 1500 feet of a road alignment, and I now need to create multiple viewports for plotting purposes. The profile is going to be needing more editing, but sheets need to be set up now. If I go ahead and create 4 profile views, and then need to project an object to the profile or the road alignment changes, do I need to project these objects etc., into each individual profile view, or if I revise the alignment will it automatically update all views? Are these views linked to one another? I just want to make sure that everything updates globally....thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
deltacoolguy
in reply to: wbrustle

My experience is that it updates all profiles automatically.  You would still have to keep up with any static text annotation, though.

ETA:  Not sure what you mean by "project an object".  I am referring to dynamic entities, etc.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
Message 3 of 6
KirkNoonan

If the alignment or grading changes, it will carry through and update the various profile views that are generated from that alignment. I'm not so sure about the projected objects. I am pretty sure that objects get projected to a profile view (the grid) and not the profile.

Message 4 of 6
wbrustle
in reply to: deltacoolguy

I have the original profile (1500 feet) and I want to project a proposed sewer manhole from the plan to profile, would I have to project the object in both the original profile and the view I created containing the specific station range where the manhole falls?

Message 5 of 6
wbrustle

ok.....thank you. I am not so sure about object projection either. I tried it, but did not seem successful....I thought maybe I was missing a setting. 

Message 6 of 6
KirkNoonan

If your manhole is a C3D object, then it will not automatically appear in the profile views, but it will be updated if there are revisions to it. Add it by selecting it and then right-clicking and choosing "add to profile view" after which you select the profile view that it should be displayed in.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report