Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mtext center middle justify issue with dialog box

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ChristopherLeslie
969 Views, 1 Reply

mtext center middle justify issue with dialog box

Hello everyone,

I am having an issue, (I am no expert in autoCAD so i will do my best at describing this) my company is trying to use mtext on middle center justify text style. I was tasked with trying to find a way to make this default for everyones machine, or at least the people who should be using this standard. I think I have it 90% complete, but my issue is this. when i use the command ^C^C (command "mtext" pause "j" "mc") it causes my dialog box for mtext to disapear after I made the size box, and all the text to be placed in side the box writes fine in the command bar, but does not show up anywhere else on the screen, which is fine for us who use the command bar and look at it often, however there are those in the office that prefer to see the text appear on the screen like normal mtext, I have also noticed that after i have typed out the text, it takes me hitting enter twice for it to appear where i placed my text box. It is behaving like I used -mtext. I have been able to creat a new button that uses this command, and I am in the process of remapping the mt shortcut to use the new command, but until I find a way around the dialog box issue, I am at a stand still.

Does anyone have a fix around this? I know about the lisp code

(command "undefine" "mtext")
(defun c:mtext()(command "-mtext" pause "j" "mc"))

I dont understand lisps and I am waiting to talk to the person here at work that understands them.

Thanks for any help!

Cheers!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
DaveM
in reply to: ChristopherLeslie

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2010-2011-2012-DWG/Default-text-justification/m-p/3592814/high...

I think this is what you are looking for.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report