Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modifying dimensions over the dimension line, with leader

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
wbrustle
856 Views, 4 Replies

modifying dimensions over the dimension line, with leader

For my dimension style, I have my text placement set to over dimension line, with leader, so I can drag the actual text outside the dimension line with a leader attached when necessary, but when I try to move the text outside of the dimension line it always draws the leader underlining the entire piece of text that I have moved. Is there a way to control the leader to attach to the middle of the line and not underline the entire piece of text when doing this operation?

thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: wbrustle

Post a drawing.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 5
wbrustle
in reply to: tcorey

Here is a drawing with the dimension text I am referring to...Is there a way to attach the dim line leader to the middle of the text line and not underline it?
Message 4 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: wbrustle

@wbrustle wrote:
Here is a drawing with the dimension text I am referring to...Is there a way to attach the dim line leader to the middle of the text line and not underline it?

You forgot to attach...

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 5
jacob.knipper
in reply to: tcorey

Did this ever get resolved? i have the exact same issue. when using "Over Dimension Line, with Leader" for text placement, it automatically unerlines the text. I would like for it to automatically attach to the midle of the text box.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report