Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

model space scaling / conversion

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
mcdallas2003
619 Views, 9 Replies

model space scaling / conversion

Am presently working on a layout drawing sent to me by a surveyor... The layout was plotted in a scale of 1:4000, am finding it kinda difficult to re-scale to a model space of 1:1 which is what am used to. I would appreciate a guide to how I could re-scale this drawing from an already existing modelspace of 1:4000 to my usual workspace of 1:1 so I can continue my architectural design on the layout provided by the surveyor. I please would appreciate a quick solution y'all.
Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Pointdump
in reply to: mcdallas2003

Mc,

To change the scale in Civil 3D, thusly:

Scale.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 10
AllenJessup

What units? Feet, Inches? Meters, Millimeters? If Feet area you drawing you're architecturals in a foot based drawing or an inch based drawing?

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
mcdallas2003

The surveyor drawings unit is in millimeters my architectural drawing unit is also in millimeters but I would prefer a modelspace of 1:4000 as the design in question is a large one...
Message 5 of 10
AllenJessup

OK. If they're both real world millimeter drawings. Use the method Dave posted. No conversion or scaling needed.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
Pointdump

Mc,

Settings Tab, right-click the drawing name and select Edit Drawing Settings. On the Units and Zone Tab you can choose your units and drawing scale. I didn't see a 4000:1 in the list so you might have to select "Custom".

Scale2.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 7 of 10
mcdallas2003

Pd,
It's worthy of of note to state that I use autocad 2010... Am finding it difficult implementing your solution which must have been a preffered and easy solution... Would be glad if you could work me through doing it in 2010
Message 8 of 10
Pointdump

Mc,

What variant of AutoCAD are you using? This is the Civil 3D Forum, so I assumed you were using C3D.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 9 of 10
mcdallas2003

PD,
No... Am not using C3D, I am using autocad 2010 architecture...the drawings in view is actually a 2D drawing
Message 10 of 10
Pointdump

Mc,

I was going to recommend you try posting in the Architecture Forum. I see you already have. That's probably the best place to get an answer to your question.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report