Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.mms file

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3155 Views, 6 Replies

.mms file

I have installed the service pack 2.1 and am still getting the message
"external surface not found" find the .mms file. I think this is only
happening to surfaces created with the service pack 2.0 installed. I have
turned off my autosave and rebuilt all the surfaces in a drawing. Do I need
to recreated the surfaces for these projects? Is there a best way to fix
this?

Thanks-

--
John
C3D 2009
3G RAM
XP PRO, SP2
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Matt.Anderson
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, I think you have the unlucky job of recreating that surface. SP2 would create a MMS file in certain issues - and some would loose the MMS file and the surface.

Unless your surface is 2 million points or more, a MMS file should not be created...
Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I have been able to fix some jobs by doing a saveas
to another file name and then rename it to the original name. 

-thanks

Message 4 of 7
shaneelliss

I have a DEM surface created from just over 1 million points that loads and works and saves just fine without creating an .mms file. But I wanted to create a copy of that surface and paste in another small surface made up of a couple hundred points. So I create a new surface and paste in the original DEM surface (with a million points) and even before I paste in the other surface that I want to add to the copy of the DEM surface I cannot save it without it giving me the message that an .mms file has been created. Why does the original surface not require an .mms file while a copy of the surface does?
Message 5 of 7
petrocat

One of our projects has the message about an .mms file not found. I have recreated the surface but the message still pops up. I have tried to save as another file and rename, but the message still pops up. Any suggestions?
Mark
2009 sp2.1
Message 6 of 7
GreeneSWCD

I get the exact same thing, but in 2012.  Any fix available today?  I just "upgraded" to 2012 from 2010, but I never had this issue in 2010.  I can see my surface just fine, I can do volume calcs with it just fine, I can edit and save it just fine....  But, when I go to plot, it's not found and not plotted!  Drives me nuts. 

Thanks! 

Message 7 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: GreeneSWCD

If your referring to contours visible on screen but not plotting try turning off Level of Detail on view tab of ribbon.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report