Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing .shx and missing referenced files

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
579 Views, 2 Replies

missing .shx and missing referenced files

I am trying to load .dwg files off a filetransfer site, when I load them I get popup messages saying there are missing .shx files and also missing referenced files. It asks if I want to locate them or ignore them. Since I am getting them off a file transfer site I can't locate them I'm sure. Is this an error I am causing or are they within the .dwg file. Also the drawing seems to load properly, but if I try to combine them with another drawing using copyclip command parts if not all of the drawing will disappear on the other drawing. Are these related? Thanks for any help!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

Missing .shx files could be fonts used in textstyles and/or shapes used in linetypes (or more rarely, just shapes inserted in to the drawing).

Ignoring because you don't have access to the .shx file won't cause any fatal errors, but as you have seen the drawing could be missing items or textstrings may display strange if a different font is substituted.

Occasionally, someone will confuse .shx shape and .shx fonts and specify a font when it's looking for a shape file and this can cause all sorts of strange (but again, non-fatal) errors.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

Further to R.K.'s post, if you open the xref dialog, you will see which xrefs are missing. They may or may not be important. YMMV.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report