Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

matchline doesn't anchor station?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
wang890
461 Views, 4 Replies

matchline doesn't anchor station?

see picture. all the text are civil 3d dynamic text.

i just noticed the matchline doesn't anchor the station even when you click on it, the grip is right.

Stantec
Dell Precision 5530, Prism M320PU, C3D 14/17/19
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wang890
in reply to: wang890

by the way the distances on each page is different. some times 7m sometimes 16m. varies in between.

maybe doesn't like road with too many curves and over 50km long? like that time before when at spiral the sampleline is not perpendicular by default. that was bad.

using 2012 without any sp. just reinstalled because sp2 mess up corridor feature lines.

Stantec
Message 3 of 5
wang890

saw another thread says move the triangular grip on the matchline. smaller gap now but still there. increasing the more page i go. lol. but not bad.

can anybody confirm in 2013 is ok?

oh guess what. upon further playing the shorter you make the matchline the closer it is true point.

so for now i just make it small like 1m and then add another line from the label group to fake that line because we need to see the matchline when plotting.

Stantec
Message 4 of 5
wang890

some update on this,

it only happens when the matchline is in the middle of a circular curve.

so something wrong with "instantaneous angle" calculation in the software.

it's a PITA to do this everytime alignment changes. am i the only one complaining about this?

it's like the time the geometry label couldn't label perpendicular on spiral to tangent back in 2006 version. needa to hire some guy who can do math better.

Stantec
Message 5 of 5
troma

Only reason I'm replying is coz you look lonely here. Smiley Wink  I hate when no-one replies to me.  But I've never used matchline (we need to show overlaps) and I haven't seen 2012 yet, so not expiriencing your problem.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report