Contributor
jigglehips
Message 1 of 1 (37 Views)

making the Grade

37 Views, 0 Replies
01-28-2005 03:19 AM
RE: Civil 3D 2005 Grading
Hello,
I'm trying to create a simple cell design, just a hole in the ground with 1:3 side slopes. Then from around it's crest line project up to the restoration levels above. It seems to have problems using a 3D polyline to project up (I get an error message), LDT has no problem with exactly the same lines. If I break the 3D polyline into small simple sections it seems to cope better and actually creates a grading object. However, I then end up with multiple grading objects that aren't related to each other. When I explode them to trim the contour lines off, I can't because it says they aren't in the current UCS (it gives it an incorrect 'Z' value).
With regard to the trimming, I can't do it in AutoCAD 2004 now as well.

Any help would be fantastic as I've spent the last week bouncing from one problems to another.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs