Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

<<PROFILE>>

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
AllenJessup
216 Views, 5 Replies

<<PROFILE>>

OK. So what's the difference between the Profiles within the chevrons and those without the chevrons?

arg.PNG

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ccoles
in reply to: AllenJessup

The ones with chevrons appear to be defaults included with the install. The ones without chevrons have been created or imported. My OOTB installation only had the profiles with chevrons included. I created a new profile based on my login name and made it my default. Once I had my desktop set up the way I like it, I exported it in case I need to re-load it after a re-install I hope I never have to do.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Message 3 of 6

Hi,

>> So what's the difference between the Profiles within the chevrons and those without the chevrons?

4 letters 😉

Joke apart, I don't know your country-kits. But what I would do is to start the ET-command _SYSVDLG ==> button "Save All" export the variables to an ascii-file (for each AutoCAD-profile one file) and compare then the files with excel.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 6
AllenJessup
in reply to: ccoles

That's pretty much how I understood it. But if you look at the image in my post. The top one has the chevrons but is not from the install. It matches the one I have highlighted. I'm interested in how the program might treat one with chevrons vs. one without.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6

Hi,

>> I'm interested in how the program might treat one with chevrons vs. one without.

IMHO AutoCAD sees them as different profiles, the chars "<" ">" are no special characters that makes AutoCAD (or Civil) think that they are something like equal or dependent to each other.

And I saw the profile-names with "<< ... >>" as the profiles created by installation, but that may depend on your country-kit-developers, how they handle it.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 6

The profiles with the chevrons are the default profiles delivered with the software. Whenever a new user starts an ACad based product they are automatically generated for the user.

The other profiles are custom profiles generated by some other means (usually a custom arg file).

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report