Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

losing superelevation data when editing an alignment.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
adsylva
443 Views, 3 Replies

losing superelevation data when editing an alignment.

I have an alignment I need to edit that has a reverse curve.  The first curve was made with the "Floating Curve (from entity, radius, through point)"  and the second with "Free Curve Fillet (between two entities, radius)"

When I delete one or both curves i lose all the superelevation data beyond the editing location due to the temporary spit in the alignment.  The superelevation data is all manual.  This is a trail and the super is based on drainage not curves.

Any ideas on how to edit the alignment with a temporary split and not lose the superelevation data?  I have not found a way yet to remove the reverse curves and not have a temporary gap.

Thanks,

Andrew

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sboon
in reply to: adsylva

An interesting problem.  I think I have a solution but it's kind of kludgy.  What I did was to first make sure that all of the manual superelevation stations were associated with the first curve in the alignment, upstream of the floating and free curve. 

Clipboard01.png

I then edited the alignment and added a dummy tangent between the two existing lines.  When I delete the floating and free curves in the middle of the alignment the software uses the dummy line instead.

Clipboard02.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 4
Cadguru42
in reply to: sboon

Can you export the superelevation data to a file before you edit the curve, then edit the curve, then import the superelevation data back?

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 4 of 4
adsylva
in reply to: Cadguru42

Now I'm back on this problem.  Yesterday I decided to write a c# program to export and import superelevation data to a txt file.   I remove all critical stations except for beginning and end.  Then I add them back as manual stations in the nearest superelevation curve and finally adjust the supers for the begining and end accordingly.  Works like a charm so far.

Andrew

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report