AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

matthew.gregory.williams
Message 1 of 3 (131 Views)
Accepted Solution

load/create reference alignment with VBA

131 Views, 2 Replies
03-13-2014 03:18 PM

Hi All,

Could anybody tell me if you are able to load a reference alignment from Prospector/Data Shortcuts with VBA? And if so how.. :smileyhappy:

I can create regular alignments "in" the drawing using VBA without bother but would like to be able to load a reference alignment with code.

I've looked everywhere without success.

First time poster so sorry if i've used the wrong forum.

Using Civil3D 2013.

Ta

Matt

*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 2 of 3 (128 Views)

Re: load/create reference alignment with VBA

03-13-2014 03:34 PM in reply to: matthew.gregory.williams

Welcome to the Forums, Matt!

There is a specific forum for Customizing/programming C3D:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-Customization/bd-p/190

But since you are here, no, we have no way of creating DataShortcuts or References in the API's....yet.

Just a warning, that you may already know, but you won't find very many people who still use VBA with C3D. The VBA Enabler for 64 bits versions drastically slows down the entire C3D session, so I won't even install it. This really cuts down on the number of people who can help you test code.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
matthew.gregory.williams
Message 3 of 3 (117 Views)

Re: load/create reference alignment with VBA

03-13-2014 04:04 PM in reply to: Jeff_M

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the reply and tips/answers...

I've "dabbled" with DOT NET.. looks like I need to put the speedo's on and jump in the deep end asap.

ta

matt

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs