Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linework for curves

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
487 Views, 4 Replies

linework for curves

Hello, I am having trouble getting curves to come in to my linework in civil 3d 2011. I am using the codes of BC and EC to begin and end the curves as well as PC and PT for curves. The linework comes in fine for the straight line sections, but it gives an error saying it could not fit the curve on my curves and it draws straight line segments instead. Am I using the wrong codes for curves? Any help would be Appreciated!

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

check your tangent length (BC to PI and PI to EC) to insure you can truly fit the required curve.

T = R tan Δ/2

1278i09364EEAD5376499

Message 3 of 5
rl_jackson

Are you using/getting a OC (on curve) shot, if not you need to.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5

Right now Civil 3D doesn't contain rules for how to create curves from just the BC and EC shots. Assuming tangency and a BC and EC shot, a curve would need to be constructed based on one of the two points and a new BC/EC point that was calculated. This is because it would be impossible to shoot the points in the field (to 16 decimal places).

The best way to do this right now in Civil 3D would be to shoot the tangents and then add either the BC or EC point as a curve point. This will make a tangent curve that passes through the curve point (the "One Point Curve").

Cheers,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks! I will give it a try!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report