Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lineweight problem in Autocad Civil 3D 2014

36 REPLIES 36
Message 1 of 37
Anonymous
1670 Views, 36 Replies

lineweight problem in Autocad Civil 3D 2014

I have a drawing where I change the Lineweight to be 0.60mm. (The file is a reference). When I reload the reference it looks right then I do a REGENALL and it changes back to the original lineweight default.

The weird thing is that it does this on 3 computers in my office but on certain computers using the same Autocad Civil 3D 2014 it works fine.

Any Ideas on how to fix this??

36 REPLIES 36
Message 2 of 37
Citadel2012
in reply to: Anonymous

Does the line plot at the correct weight? The issue could be the product of a visual style.

in reply to: Citadel2012

The lineweight does not plot correctly as well.

Message 4 of 37
wfberry

Check out VISRETAIN, you may be overriding the xref in the current drawing.

Bill

Message 5 of 37
Anonymous
in reply to: wfberry

VISRETAIN is set to 1 in both drawings.

Message 6 of 37
wfberry

But is the lineweight set to something different in your current drawing for that layer?

Bill

Message 7 of 37
Anonymous
in reply to: wfberry

The lineweight is not set to anything different. The lineweight in both drawings are set the same. Like I said before it will show correctly sometimes, but for some reason after the drawing regenerates or if I do a REGENALL it reverts back to a default lineweight.

Message 8 of 37
Cadguru42

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a drawing where I change the Lineweight to be 0.60mm. (The file is a reference). When I reload the reference it looks right then I do a REGENALL and it changes back to the original lineweight default.

The weird thing is that it does this on 3 computers in my office but on certain computers using the same Autocad Civil 3D 2014 it works fine.

Any Ideas on how to fix this??

Is this part of a profile view? There is a known bug where line weights in profile view objects won't work correctly in 2014 as any custom workspace will become corrupted and cause the profile view objects to no longer display line weights. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 9 of 37
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadguru42

The lines are in Plan view only.

Message 10 of 37
Citadel2012

I know this might just be avoiding the issue at hand, but converting all linework to plylines and changing the global widths in the referenced file would be a simple workaround. 

in reply to: Citadel2012

I am aware of a couple of workarounds that I can do, but I thought there might be a quick fix for this issue as to avoid this problem in the future.

Message 12 of 37
cwitzel

For whatever strange reason I have seen this happen in the past.   Try moving the Xref to a layer other than 0.  We make a layer called XREF and place the xrefs there.  This seems to help solve the problem.  Must have something to do with Object Layers etc.  Very annoying though.

Thanks,

Conan Witzel

Thanks,
Conan Witzel
Civil 3d 2021 SP1.1
Smoking BOXX Apex 2 Workstation
Message 13 of 37
Anonymous
in reply to: cwitzel

That worked!!! Thanks for all the help!!!

Message 14 of 37
Cadguru42

I haven't run into this problem until just a few minutes ago. Strange that until I was aware of someone else having XREF line weights not working did it start affecting me. What's even more bizarre is that I have three XREFs in this drawing and only one of them has the line weight problem. 

We always put XREFs on layer 0, so I guess we'll have to change that. 😞

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 15 of 37
cwitzel

I should also add that it also affects plotsyles.  We use styles rather than color tables.  I know I have seen it with parcels and I think one other obejct that I can't remember.

Thanks,

Conan Witzel

Thanks,
Conan Witzel
Civil 3d 2021 SP1.1
Smoking BOXX Apex 2 Workstation
Message 16 of 37
Cadguru42
in reply to: cwitzel

@Anonymous wrote:

I should also add that it also affects plotsyles.  We use styles rather than color tables.  I know I have seen it with parcels and I think one other obejct that I can't remember.

Thanks,

Conan Witzel

We don't use named plot styles, so that shouldn't be an issue for us. Another oddity about this is that when I moved the XREFs to their own layer the line weights came on for the problem XREF, but it's not consistant and looks very blocky. What I mean is, on one side of the road the sidewalk has no weight showing while the other side, which is on the exact same layer, looks like a global width was applied to it. 

I typed regen twice and the second time C3D crashed. When I reopened everything it came up working correctly. Gotta love C3D!

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 17 of 37
btillett

Turn your navbar display to on and the profile grid plots correctly with line weights.

It is a bug... There is not logic behind the answer.  Autodesk knows about it and said that it only happens with the downloaded copy of the software, not the boxed copy.  That makes even less sense.  But it works.

Boris
Message 18 of 37
Cadguru42
in reply to: btillett

@btillett wrote:

Turn your navbar display to on and the profile grid plots correctly with line weights.

It is a bug... There is not logic behind the answer.  Autodesk knows about it and said that it only happens with the downloaded copy of the software, not the boxed copy.  That makes even less sense.  But it works.

I was about to add a post showing the screen shot below, but when I turned on the navbar the line weights worked. WTF?

xref_line_weights_not_working.png

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 19 of 37
Jay_B

Just had the same issue here with a caveat.

Turning on the Navbar did fix the lineweight problem of the Pipe Network object in pfl views in our case.

But, it's the circular reference of workarounds as the other known issue where the Navbar will plot on occasion appeared.

8 Viewports on sheet = 8 plotted Navbars. Smiley Frustrated

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 20 of 37
Cadguru42
in reply to: Jay_B

@Anonymous wrote:

Just had the same issue here with a caveat.

Turning on the Navbar did fix the lineweight problem of the Pipe Network object in pfl views in our case.

But, it's the circular reference of workarounds as the other known issue where the Navbar will plot on occasion appeared.

8 Viewports on sheet = 8 plotted Navbars. Smiley Frustrated

I doubt Autodesk will fix the problem for a while. They've been so bad at fixing bugs that end up causing other broken features that it'll be version 2016 or later before they even look at this.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report