Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linetype scales

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
achillesgr
415 Views, 4 Replies

linetype scales

hello,

i noticed that most of my linetypes are showing better if i set the ltscale  to 5.0   .

also i read that the setting of ltscale should be 1.0 always (please note that i have litle experience with autocad and its behavior)

should i set it to 1.0 and find a way to "scale " the problematic linetypes to show as i want at ltscale=1.0 ?

is there a way to edit a lilnetype so it looks as i want in ltscale 1.0? by edit i mean only its scale Not the segments that made the linetype.

i am using 3-4 linetypes that i gather from friends and eatch should be scaled at diferent factor to show OK at the same drawing. so it would be very convenient for me if i could find a way to scale eatch one and the control the overal with ltscale.

hope i described the situation right.

thanks! i apreciate any help.

Achilles

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Pointdump
in reply to: achillesgr

Achilles,

Start with:
LTSCALE=1
MSLTSCALE=1
PSLTSCALE=1

Next, change the Annotation Scale to suit:

LinetypeScale1.png

After that, you can change the appearance of individual lines in Properties:

LinetypeScale.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 5
achillesgr
in reply to: Pointdump

Dave,
Ok. i set all these to 1 .
my drawing is ok now. i have one linetype that do not match with the others at the given scale. can i " edit " somehow this one only ? for example there is dashed, dashedx2 . two linetypes with diferent appearence.can i "clone" one ,"edit " and have the ssame results?
( i am trying to avoid the property change per object)

thanks!!
Message 4 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: Pointdump

Also ensure they are all loaded from the same file.  In theory, metric drawings should be loading from ACADISO.LIN while imperial drawings should be loading from ACAD.LIN, but some companies have been using the latter for metric drawings with an LTSCALE of 5 or 10 for a looooong time and resist change.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5
Pointdump
in reply to: achillesgr

Achilles,

Yes, you can edit a linetype. The AutoCAD Help Section has information on how to do that. But it might be easier to just make a Custom Linetype:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIdleZqu1XM

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report