Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

legal description report style editing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Dennis-H1
298 Views, 1 Reply

legal description report style editing

Hey all,

I could use alittle help.  I have stated to update the "GeneralLegalPhrasings.xml" but when I change the location of the radius call, it no longer works?

I am not sure why this is happening, since I am using the same language that is used in the rest of the file. 

I want it to say....

<Mete type="Line" connect="TangentCurve">THENCE {lineDirection}, {lineDistanceFoot} FEET TO A POINT OF CURVATURE, HAVING A RADIUS OF {curveRadiusFoot} FEET; </Mete>

but the curve radius will not work when I run the report.

Also, on a non-tangent curve I would like it to give the radial bearing. 

thank you in advance.

Dennis

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

My initial thoughts on this would be that it will not work because you are trying to get a radius from a line element.

You need to work out your wording to pull the information from the corresponding geometry.

So you could change the line element to

<Mete type="Line" connect="TangentCurve">THENCE {lineDirection}, {lineDistanceFoot} FEET TO A POINT OF CURVATURE, </Mete>

and the curve elements to

<Mete type="Curve" connect="Line">HAVING A RADIUS OF {curveRadiusFoot} FEET; and whose long chord bears {curveChordDirection} for a distance of {curveChordLengthFoot} feet. </Mete>

I would think these changes would have to be done for each of the elements that connect to curves and for each of the curve elements, otherwise your phrasing will be off for those connected elements.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report