Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ldd 07 to civil 3d 2011 back to ldd points

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rbunner
463 Views, 6 Replies

ldd 07 to civil 3d 2011 back to ldd points

I have this client that uses LDD 07 and he needed some help with LDD points that needed to be rotated and moved so they weren't on top of each other.  - Of course keeping the node as is.  So I did all that can converted the drawing back to 07 because I have C3D 11 and that's what I did the work in.  I'm pretty sure I saved back with exploded entities.  Should I have not done that?  How do I save it back so that he still has all his LDD points? 

Thanks so much for the help! - Rhonda

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rbunner
in reply to: rbunner

Hopefully this isn't the case - because that would mean all my work is lost - but should I have imported the points into civil 3d then when I was finished exported the points back out into LDD???

Message 3 of 7
OMCUSNR

Rhonda,

Sorry to say, it can't be done.

C3d uses point & label STYLES that LDD can NOT deal with.  LDD/LDC use point blocks, and there is no way that I know of to get a point style & label style back to the LDD point block.

What confuses me, is that in LDD7 the point lable should be able to be moved off of it's inserted position w/out affecting the node (if the points are set NOT to be MOVED in point settings).  He should have been able to do all the text rearranging by himself. 

Reid

Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.
Message 4 of 7
mathewkol

So what you did was open the LDT file, convert the points to Civil 3D points, edit their positions, and then explode them and save the /DWG to 2007?  Your client will open that file to see basic AutoCAD entities like lines and mtext.  He will not have LDT points to work with.  If your intent was just to edit the positions of the LDT point labels you would have had to use LDT, not Civil 3D.  I would think that what you've done has been for naught since you edited with a different software package.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 7
rbunner
in reply to: mathewkol

yep - but I don't have LDT only Civil 3D and it was an '04 version and I'm on 11.  I was told if I export to 07 then open it up in 07 then did an e-transmit to 04 that may have worked.  By the sounds of it I don't think that would work either.

Thanks, Rhonda

Message 6 of 7
mathewkol

No it won't work.  You need LDT AND the same version of LDT in fact.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 7 of 7
rbunner
in reply to: mathewkol

Thanks for all of your help! I appreciate even if it didn't work out in my favor -

-Rhonda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report