Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

label coordinate tranformation function?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
alex
288 Views, 4 Replies

label coordinate tranformation function?

If you have a dwg that is, say, done in west zone but some agencies want you to provide a table of west and east zone coordinates is there a transform function that will do this in a label?

I would still wan everything in the dwg to be in west zone but be able to display coordinate values in other zones.

thanks, alex 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sboon
in reply to: alex

You may be able to use an expression to calculate the value for the other zone and then display it in a label style.  Can you provide an example of what you're looking for?

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 5
alex
in reply to: sboon

fl83-ef, fl83wf, and harn fl-ef is a example i have to work with now.

i think coordinate tracker does this but i am not sure if you have access to the functions to make an expression.

thanks, alex

Message 4 of 5
antoniovinci

I guess the easiest way would be an Excel table, dynamically pasted in Autocad as OLE object.

Message 5 of 5
alex

I like to take spread sheet info and define user defined property variables for all the fields in c3d then save a csv version of the spread sheet and then make a custom point import file and pull in all the info as a c3d point with extended data.

then you can see things in space over an aerial and make any kind point style you want to display whatever part of the info you want plus make point tables if need be.

i guess i could run trhough the extra hoops up front and add in the other zone coordinates but was hoping there might be some function you could put in a field to do it.

thank, alex

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report