Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jumpy cursor

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
pmlong
2200 Views, 2 Replies

jumpy cursor

I have a 660 Kb drawing that has an xref that is 2.5 MB(the original dwg file). Whenever I enter or pick a command, my cursor becomes uncontrollably jumpy. If I move my mouse, the cursor jumps to another location making it hard to pick an object. I am running 2012 on Windows 7 with quad processors and 8G of RAM. I also monitored the processors and if I just enter this drawing and do nothing, one of my processors spikes. All of this only happens in this drawing. (It has happened before but we never investigated it) If I close and reopen the drawing it will work fine for a while but then starts this again. And if I switch to another drawing, this does not happen. Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: pmlong

Hi,

look to >>>this<<< thread

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
JessieQuilatan
in reply to: pmlong

Another thing worth trying is applying the AutoCAD 2012 Performance Slowdown Hotfix.

AutoCAD 2012 Performance Slowdown Hotfix (32/64 bit)

Michael Merlino
Civil Engineering Technician / "CAD Manager"
SAN JOSE, CA, USA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report