Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inserting new sections into section views question

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lohrmach
949 Views, 3 Replies

inserting new sections into section views question

I had about 20 cross sections that I created multiple section views for.

I added 2 cross sections (one near the beginning, one in the middle).

Can I get these new sections to insert into their proper locations (by station) with a kind of refresh of my multiple section views without having to recreate multiple section views?

I already have the section sheets lined up in viewports on layout tabs.  I want to keep everything in the same place.  If the only way I can add the new sections is to create multiple section views again, what's the best way to handle this?  Draw some kind of cross-hairs in model space when picking where to generate them and pick on the same point every time?

Lohrmach
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: lohrmach

Yes, you can do what you're asking.

In Prospector, find your Sample Line Group, right click and go to Properties. Go to the Sections tab, pick the Sample More Sources button. Add the new sources and voila those sections magically appear in the existing cross section views.

If you're using a modern version of Civil 3D, you can just pick a Section View and pick Sample More Sources from the Ribbon.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 4
BrianHailey

I think you are going to need to recreate the view group. Draw a circle at a reference location on your bottom left view so you know where to move the new views to. What Tim was referring to was sampling more sources such as an additional corridor or a new surface, not creating new sample lines.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 4
tcorey

Oops. I guess I should read the entire message before responding.Smiley Wink

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report