Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insert point

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
lambertb
457 Views, 6 Replies

insert point

What is the best way to insert a c3d point with assigned values. For example, I want to insert a point with the style curb stop, on a certain layer with a certain label. Going through thr insert point tool is not very user friendly for users looking to add points, not assign properties. Can this operation be added to the tool palettes? I am not familar with creating my own.

Thanks

C3D 2012 or 2014

C3D 2022 and 2024
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
BrianHailey
in reply to: lambertb

Description keys is one way of automating it. When you create a curb stop point, give it a specific description and your description keys (if set up properly) will assign the correct layer, the correct style, change the raw description to a full description, etc.

HERE is a link to the tutorial on description keys.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 7
lambertb
in reply to: BrianHailey

Thanks. Although familar with description keys, I have not used them for proposed work. I tried this but did not get anything to work as I wasn't getting the DK to show, and I could apply it to points in my drawing.

I think a tool palette with point styles would be more convient for users to insert proposed work points. Or maybe I am unsure of the workflow.

Thanks.

C3D 2022 and 2024
Message 4 of 7
dgordon

Why would you use proposed points to show proposed blocks?
Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 5 of 7
lambertb
in reply to: dgordon

I think I need to use civil 3d objects (in this case points that display a block) for reporting and using civil 3d notes. These tasks aren't  available when one uses autocad blocks.

C3D 2022 and 2024
Message 6 of 7
dgordon

did you know that general note labels and line labels can have blocks in them?
Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 7 of 7
lambertb
in reply to: dgordon

I was a bit familiar with that. Can you create a report or table with notes though? I am of the thought, only point can be used to create a table. I need to place a bunch of objects and then make a nice table of them.

C3D 2022 and 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report