AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

CDEESE
Message 1 of 3 (186 Views)

importing lat-long points

186 Views, 2 Replies
09-14-2011 02:10 PM

adjusting the import point setting and using the correct corrd. system the point seem to come in incorrectly. the info. came from a hand held garim. attach is the file and north carolina state plane is the corrd. system i would like to set them too.

*Expert Elite*
Sinc
Message 2 of 3 (175 Views)

Re: importing lat-long points

09-14-2011 03:46 PM in reply to: CDEESE

My guess is your longitudes should be negative.  North Carolina is around 80° West, aka -80.  +80 is 80° East, which would be somewhere in Asia.

Sinc
Valued Mentor
ccoles
Message 3 of 3 (154 Views)

Re: importing lat-long points

09-15-2011 05:26 AM in reply to: Sinc

I agree. The Garmin was designed for US use, and they all use Long West, making the number positive. But, unless there is a setting to tell the program that your using Long West, most assume Long East and need the number negative. A lesson I learned a few moons ago...

Windows 7 64-bit
HP Z600 8 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs