Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMPORTING dxf and Hydraflow storm sewers

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
wbrustle
1631 Views, 5 Replies

iMPORTING dxf and Hydraflow storm sewers

My boss wants me to learn how to calculate Hydraflow Storm Sewers Extension by way of Importing DXF Plan Layouts? I have no idea where to even begin. Does anyone know of any tutorials for this? Not even sure of what this is?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wfberry
in reply to: wbrustle

A dxf Plan is this.  Use the dxfout command while in Civil 3D, them import the dxf into Hydr.  All this does is give you a background image to work on, laying out your pipe lengths for properly scaled lengths.  I would think you would already have this in your cad file.  This seems to me like 1 foot forward and 3 feet back.

DXF is somewhat archaic as far as I know.

Perhaps moving forward to today's LandXML import and export would be much better.  You may get better information if you would relate your computer specs along with your current cad software.

Just one opinion.

Bill

Windows 7 x 64 Professional
Nvidia GeForce 9800 & 8500
12 GB Ram
i7 965 @ 3.20 GHz
Corsair Force 240 GB SSD
Infrastructure Suite 2014

Message 3 of 6
wbrustle
in reply to: wfberry

I could import a Land XML file into hydraflow, but the dwg I am working in has no XML data to export. The engineer only has proposed linework and text in his drawing. I believe he wants me to create a Hydraflow file that strictly contains his linework and text which includes the rim and invert info for the storm water system he is proposing, so he can play around with it. I successfully created a Hydraflow file containing the linework from the dwg, but how do you get text to import into Hydraflow?

Message 4 of 6
wbrustle

Also, when I create the dxf and try and import it into Hydraflow, only some of the linework is showing up?

Message 5 of 6
wfberry

From the Help File:

B images can come from any standard .dxf file but are limited to Line, Polyline, LWPolyline, Arcs and Circles. Line weights, certain entity types as well as Blocks and Text are not supported in order to maintain a high processing speed of redraws. 

Bill

Windows 7 x 64 Professional
Nvidia GeForce 9800 & 8500
12 GB Ram
i7 965 @ 3.20 GHz
Corsair Force 240 GB SSD
Infrastructure Suite 2014

Message 6 of 6
wbrustle
in reply to: wfberry

oh ok...thank you.

I think I am going to just do it myself by creating pipe networks in my drawing and importing them that way. I think that is the best way to go and then all of the pipe info will be there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report