Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to keep the labels in a dragged state

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
kwielin
3700 Views, 10 Replies

how to keep the labels in a dragged state

Hello, is it possible to keep the dragged labels in the same configuration when import the same points with the same numbers second time (with different decsriptions) choosing overwrite option? I want to avoid to move the points second time to make the drawing readable.

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: kwielin

You could try to pin the labels, but I think you're out of luck on this one.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 11
Joe-Bouza

I believe the options to choose is "merge" to maintain the labels as they were
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 4 of 11
Jeni315

Open your tool space, hit the settings tab, if they are points that have the point info open the points + and it will show Label Styles, open the + on that. Right click on the point style you are trying to keep the drag state and open "edit".

Under Dragged State make sure all the settings for masking and font type are correct first and then under Display if it shows Stacked Text, change it to "As Composed". And there you go...it drove me crazy too... trying to go between two screens regen all the time updating xref's... it was crazy... finally a solution!!! 😄 Hope that helps!

Message 5 of 11
Jeni315
in reply to: Jeni315

Ugh! FATAL Error.... Save your drawing first just in case!
Message 6 of 11
kwielin

OK that was so easy. Thanks . I didn't know that.

But maybe somebody know the solution for another problem. When changing "display" from Stacked Text to As Composed - what I need. Is there any possibility to set the label to behave like Stacked Text when dragging from the right side to the left. To precise - adjust label to the left when it's dragged to the right and adjust to the right when it's dragged to the left as it is when choosing Stacked Text option.

I've found somewhere information that's not possible but maybe It's not true?

Message 7 of 11
troma

Please be sure to mark a post as the Solution if it solves your original problem. This helps others who are reading to find answers to their questions too.

As for your secondary question, I don't think it's possible to get the 'as composed' to flip to left or right justification.  I don't quite follow with what's wrong with the 'stacked text' for you.  It might be easier to fix that problem instead.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 8 of 11
kwielin
in reply to: troma

'Stacked text' has different limitation. It can has only one color for all visible features 😞

Thanks for the advice. I've just mark the post as Solution for the previous problem 🙂

Message 9 of 11
Jeni315

It is possible to get right or left justification. You have to have that set up as a style. And then you pick one or the other in your properties manager when wanting to change it. Stacked text was showing backwards in the drawing it was xref into whereas the original drawing it looked correct. As Composed made them the same orientation on both drawings.
Stacked text when you drag it to another spot messes up the orientation whereas As Composed you can drag it where ever, change the rotation and it will still look the same when you have it xref into your drawing. Hard to explain, but it does work.
Message 10 of 11
kwielin
in reply to: Jeni315

That is the solution I was looking for (I received it from Curtis Smith on one of the LinkedIn group). Maybe will help someone.

"There is a way to do this with stacked text. Instead of setting the color in the label style composer window (where offsets, height, border, etc. is set for each component), set the color (or any other text formatting) in the Text Component Editor. Switch over to the Format Tab, pick the text you want the first color, and change it. Then drag over the 2nd line of text and give it a different color. The different formatting options you have for stacked text are Justification, Font, Color, Bold, Italics, and Underline... just like in the MText editor."

Message 11 of 11
DINOSPENDL

I think I figured it out.

When you imported survey data, you may have imported points from several different files.

One file might have had pts 1-50, the next file might have had pts 1-100.
(All points from the same job)

If you imported points from both files, you may have duplicates of points 1-50 IN the drawing.

So if you drag the label for point 1, it will show up in a dragged state, but the duplicate for point one will be right underneath it in it's original state.

You can figure out if you have duplicates of the same point by dragging the same label out over and over again.

If you have three duplicates of the same point, you shouldn't see the label in it's original state after dragging the label three different times.

Hope that helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report