Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to fix corridor in this situation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sfore
326 Views, 2 Replies

how to fix corridor in this situation

See pic. How do I fix corners of corridor and why is there a hole near radius of road? I'm using offset assemblies where the alignments meet at the alley. The right side is fine, but the left side is whacked. I realize without seeing my Corridor parameters tab and profiles, its difficult to diagnose it. Basically I have 3 baselines in my corridor with various assemblies and profiles tied to it. The 3 baselines in Corridor are for the roads you see in pic. I didn't know if someone could look at the pic and offer up any possible solution to the problem.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: sfore

Looks like you have some funky overlap going on near the corners, you should
adjust your regions to avoid that. maybe add half road section and finish
the inside with a curb return baseline assembly.

Joe
Message 3 of 3
keithknifer
in reply to: sfore

When I need to model a corner like that with no curve, I will put a short alignment segment of a few hundredths at 45 degrees at the corner. Then create a region for that segment with just one assembly. You can either set a target to get it to stretch into the corner or create a new assembly that's 1.44 times longer. I think I would stop the typical assembly where the curb radius starts. Through the corner from there, I would use an assembly for the outside lane only. To model the inside in that area, create an assembly with the lane on one side of the marker and the curb on the other that follows the EP and targets the main alignment. Make sure you add an assembly that hits the corner or you'll end up with a small hole there.

Hard to explain. Hope it makes sense.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report