Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to export shp file to txt

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
yohanesseto.a.w
3014 Views, 7 Replies

how to export shp file to txt

Hiii,,,guys,,,i have problem,,,

how to export shp file to txt,,,i want to x,y,z format from shp file.,,

any body help me....

Spoiler
Smiley Sad
Spoiler

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Is this a point file .shp file?

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 8
Murph_Map
in reply to: yohanesseto.a.w

Well if you are exporting a shp file does that mean you are working in ESRI or another software that works with shp files? Esri GIS Map has the save as to text format.

Now if you mean you have a shp file and imported or connected to it with Civil3D/Map3D and want to create a txt file from the XYZ info then it depends on how you bring the shp file into you dwg. Did you import the file or use data connect? Have you tried to open the dbf file that goes with the shp file with acess or anything and see if the z,y,y data is there?

Can you post the shp file so we can see what you have to work with?

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 4 of 8
Joe-Bouza

I would FDO connect open the data table and clipboard out or I think you can export the csv or excel too

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
yohanesseto.a.w
in reply to: Murph_Map

I agree with what you say,,Mr.Murph,,, Before working with Civil3D,,i working with Esri GIS Map,,, i mean, i have a shp file from Esri and imported to it with Civil3D and want to create a txt file from the XYZ info. i try in workspace planning and analysis,, and then insert > map import > and chose the file shp.,, i don't know where is true?? this is file shp https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_CqX-srla3lOXJsYVJjbDF3OHM/edit?usp=sharing i can't attachment in this site...my conecting internet low,,,
Message 6 of 8
Murph_Map

You need to post the dbf and shx file as well as the shp.

If you use the mapimport you need to save the dwg close it out then in a new dwg use the map attach command

"ADEDRAWINGS" at the command line then do a report query.

Or if you use data connect you can create a new calculation to get the X,Y,Z  in the data table then select all and copy/paste or export to csv format.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 7 of 8

I did it thanks to you...

do you have tutorial book civil.3D??because in indonesia difficult to find...
Message 8 of 8
inproconsultca
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Yes Joseph, you'll enjoy the improvements, despite there are more to be ameliorated, I'm sure you'll feel comfortable. Even more, the 2021 should be released shortly, if not already

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report