AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Active Contributor
darreng_oa
Message 1 of 3 (354 Views)
Accepted Solution

how to color a contour relative to the elevation

354 Views, 2 Replies
12-11-2013 06:21 PM

I would like the contour line colored to reflect the elevation it is depticting! I have successfully used surface properties - elevations - to create ranges, and to FILL color in between contours, but is there a workflow to color the contours themselves?

i also noticed, within the same dialogue box in surface properties, a contour pull down - but it doesnt have near the control to set elevation ranges, nor does actually effect the contour color.

any ideas?

TIA, OA

*Expert Elite*
Neilw
Message 2 of 3 (335 Views)

Re: how to color a contour relative to the elevation

12-11-2013 08:46 PM in reply to: darreng_oa
Under the Analysis tab of surface properties there is a Contour analysis. Apply a color scheme to the contours.

In the surface style settings you'll need to turn on the color scheme display. Go to the contour tab and under the Contour Range group, set "Use Color Scheme" to True.
Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
Infrastructure Suite/C3D 2013, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 7 64 PRO
HP Pavillion h8xt, i7 2600, 12 GB
RADEON 6450, 1 GB
http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Active Contributor
darreng_oa
Message 3 of 3 (255 Views)

Re: how to color a contour relative to the elevation

12-21-2013 12:30 PM in reply to: Neilw
sorry to respond so late!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs