Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to Draw modified topography (Or at least i call it that way)?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
josedhenriquez21
616 Views, 1 Reply

how to Draw modified topography (Or at least i call it that way)?

Hi, i have a doubt, well, two actually that goes together:

I need to know how to draw the modified topography of a rural route on the surface of the land which I work. I know I can import the daylight of the road, but I need to know the exact point of intersection of the slope with the surface,either cut or fill, and when it changes from one to another. It's unexactly to guees where the change goes on the road (on that point the existing and finished ground became one so there is suppose to not have daylight on that point right?), or at least i don't know to do that. I'm using AutoCAD Civil3D 2009 just in case, oh, the other doubt, if this can be done and this vertion of the product just doesnt do it ¿A newer does?

thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Neilw_05
in reply to: josedhenriquez21

Hi Jose,

If you are designing a road you will need to study Corridor modeling in the help system and tutorials. If you are doing site grading you will need to study the grading tools. You have them available in your version.

All of those tools will help you visualize and identify where the proposed surface is in cut or fill relative to the existing ground.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report