Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you get curser or selectoy to jump to a coordinate?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
andy
639 Views, 4 Replies

how do you get curser or selectoy to jump to a coordinate?

I need to get  elevations at each transition of a corridor floor but i need the northing and easting also to enter into my machine control software. is there a way to get the curser to "goto" a spacific location? I have about 40 vertical transitions.

Thanks, .. getting tired of zooming in and out and cussing at the curser..

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gjrcmb
in reply to: andy

If you have a coordinate value use the Zoom command with Center option (or ZC), magnification, and then the Easting Northing value.

If you happen to have a cogo point or create cogo points at the locations, then you could use the Zoom To Point command.  Or you can also go to Toolspace > Prospector tab > Point Groups > All Points, and then right click on a Point in the list to Pan or Zoom to a Point.

Message 3 of 5
AllenJessup

You say you need to go to a "specific location" but that you also "need the northing and easting" so the only way I can think of identifying the locations is by station and offset. You can use the Transparent Command 'SO in the zoom command. So if you know the Sta/Off if the points you can zoom to them.

The only other thing I can think of is to use Zoom Dynamic. That way you don't have to zoom out and back in.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
andy
in reply to: AllenJessup

Thanks! this works great!

Message 5 of 5
AllenJessup

Which one? The Zoom to Station-Offset or the Zoom dynamic? Anyway. Glad to help!

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report