Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hiding a road

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
MonkeyTrainer
296 Views, 6 Replies

hiding a road

is there a way to turn off a corridor. i have multiple roads in one job, and need to turn on/off some of them. i have tried getting into the style and turned off the layers under the display tab in plan, and model.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
eladkcem
in reply to: MonkeyTrainer

You'll need to have a feature line style that is 'no_display' . Then in the corridor definition you'll need to tell it to use that style for the feature lines generated by the corridor.

Similarly you'll probably need a code-set style that is also a 'no_display' . 

If you have a surface being generated from the corridor, you'll have to turn that off too...

Another option would be to change your object settings so that when you create a corridor it puts it on a layer of it's own (say with the name of the corridor as a suffix). then you can just freeze the layer... I don't think this is best practice...

-d

Message 3 of 7
Joe-Bouza

Alternately you can hide regions by RC or in the corridoer props; clear the check box

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 4 of 7
MonkeyTrainer
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

This works for me, thanks Joe.

Message 5 of 7
Joe-Bouza

UBETCHA Smiley Wink

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 6 of 7
mathewkol
in reply to: eladkcem

There's nothing wrong with the practise of having corridors each on their own layer.  If there's a need to have some on and some off, this would be the easiest method.

Unless you're hiding them and it is very temporary.  Right click one of them and select Isolate objects->Isolate selected objects.

When you're done, there will be a red light bulb at the very bottom rith of your screen.  Click it to "End object isolation".

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 7 of 7
neilyj666
in reply to: eladkcem

@eladkcem wrote:

You'll need to have a feature line style that is 'no_display' . Then in the corridor definition you'll need to tell it to use that style for the feature lines generated by the corridor.

Similarly you'll probably need a code-set style that is also a 'no_display' . 

If you have a surface being generated from the corridor, you'll have to turn that off too...

Another option would be to change your object settings so that when you create a corridor it puts it on a layer of it's own (say with the name of the corridor as a suffix). then you can just freeze the layer... I don't think this is best practice...

-d

This is by far the quickest way if the drawing is XREF'd

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report