Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

freeze on dialog boxes

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
cstringer80
585 Views, 5 Replies

freeze on dialog boxes

I submitted this problem a while back, but got real busy and wasn't able to follow up on some of the requests and it was closed (Plus I wasn't doing much ACAD work at the time, so it was a back burner issue.)

I have a problem with Civil 3d freezing when it goes to some dialog boxes. The text style dialog box is the worst. When I go to click on something it freezes and I have to cntrl+alt+del to kill the process.

Happens in 2009 and 2010. In 2009 just going to the main file window, (the big C in the upper left hand corner) will freeze the program. I can click the 'c' in 2010 no problem.

SPECS:

NVIDIA qUADRO fx 1700 (drivers updated and tried with the acad 2010 enhancement thing installed and not installed, same results both times)
Intel Xeon CPU x5450 @ 3.0 GHz
3.25 GB RAM
Windows XP SP3 32bit

All service packs and updates for both 2009 and 2010 are installed.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: cstringer80

Sounds like a .NET issue or a driver issue.

Be sure your drivers have installed correctly. (ie, it typically
requires removal and reinstallation of the drivers to work correctly.)

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM

cstringer80 wrote:
> I submitted this problem a while back, but got real busy and wasn't able to follow up on some of the requests and it was closed (Plus I wasn't doing much ACAD work at the time, so it was a back burner issue.)
>
> I have a problem with Civil 3d freezing when it goes to some dialog boxes. The text style dialog box is the worst. When I go to click on something it freezes and I have to cntrl+alt+del to kill the process.
>
> Happens in 2009 and 2010. In 2009 just going to the main file window, (the big C in the upper left hand corner) will freeze the program. I can click the 'c' in 2010 no problem.
>
> SPECS:
>
> NVIDIA qUADRO fx 1700 (drivers updated and tried with the acad 2010 enhancement thing installed and not installed, same results both times)
> Intel Xeon CPU x5450 @ 3.0 GHz
> 3.25 GB RAM
> Windows XP SP3 32bit
>
> All service packs and updates for both 2009 and 2010 are installed.
>
Message 3 of 6
cstringer80

yea, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling all drivers.

Should I try to uninstall and reinstall .Net framework?

Also, in the text style dialog, I can set a font and size, click apply and it works. As soon as I go to "Set Current" it freezes. Seems it freezes without even clicking, like the popup tips are causing it to freeze.

And just now, after repeating it a few times to isolate some variables, the problem went away. After 3-4 crashes I fired it up did the same thing again and no freeze. Nothing else changed. working in the same drawing. this is weird and annoying.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Try using Process Monitor from Microsoft. This creates a log of system
actions and it might show you what might be causing the drag.

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM

cstringer80 wrote:
> yea, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling all drivers.
>
> Should I try to uninstall and reinstall .Net framework?
>
> Also, in the text style dialog, I can set a font and size, click apply and it works. As soon as I go to "Set Current" it freezes. Seems it freezes without even clicking, like the popup tips are causing it to freeze.
>
> And just now, after repeating it a few times to isolate some variables, the problem went away. After 3-4 crashes I fired it up did the same thing again and no freeze. Nothing else changed. working in the same drawing. this is weird and annoying.
>
Message 5 of 6
cstringer80

Ok, after using the Microsoft process Monitor, it looks like its a direct3d issue. I've got the latest, 10 installed. ran dxdiag and all tests and don't see any issues.

It happens, in the text style dialog of 2010, when I just hover over a button.

any advice? Should I uninstall directx and reinstall it? It dosn't show up in the add remove programs so I think I have to do that manually somehow.

Yesterday, hovering over the "set current" button would cause a freeze. Then it started working fine. Now today, I can hover over and click "set current" but hovering over "new" causes a freeze.

any ideas?
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

My C3D 2010 has been freezing and not responding when certain dialog boxes appear as well. The dialoge box comes up and is blank. Have you resolved your issue? If so, how? Does anyone else have any ideas on this? It is making my life a living hell right now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report