Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fonts civil3d 2014

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
nathan.hendrickson
1212 Views, 6 Replies

fonts civil3d 2014

For some reason I can only choose between 10 different fonts.  I have checked in my Font folder, and that contains 755 different fonts?  Is there some reason as to why I can only choose between 10 of them.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

>> I can only choose between 10 different fonts

Using what command/dialog? Do you speal about _STYLE to select a font for a textstyle or what dialog are you speaking about?

Are you sure you really mean "different fonts" or maybe you are speaking about "different styles"? If second option: use command _STYLE to define new ones.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7

Yes I am trying to find more text styles to choose from.  I attached a picture showing my problem.  The Text style dialog box is only allowing 10 different ones to choose from.  Yet the Fonts folder has alot more than that in it, and am wondering why they arent all available to use.

Message 4 of 7

Styles are not the same things as fonts. A style is an autocad object which contains many settings; height, backwards, annotative...and font. If you click the font popup list you'll see all of your fonts. You apply a font to a style. Just because you have 755 fonts doesn't mean you have 755 styles. You create a style manually and you apply an appropriate font to it.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: nathan.hendrickson

What happens if you select the "Font Name:" dropdown?

Aren't all those fonts available now?

The greyed out Font Style activates for me if I check "Use Big Font" (which isn't what you want) but makes me wonder

if it's where your expecting the fonts to be available for selection?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 6 of 7

Ok. I am simply trying to add more fonts to the list i have to choose from.  Can I copy/paste the ones from Word and put them in a Civil3D folder?

Message 7 of 7

Hi,

>> I am simply trying to add more fonts to the list

You can't add fonts to AutoCAD (or Civil3D), you  only can create new styles (therefor use the "New" button in the styles dialog) and then you can assign a font to that new style (from the list of fonts in the same dialog).

>> Can I copy/paste the ones from Word and put them in a Civil3D folder?

Word can't copy fonts, you only can copy text and that text might have assigned fonts.

Also in MS.Word you create styles and assign a style to a paragraph or to a title-line or to header/footer. If you don't use styles and assign the fonts directly to the text you will get documents that aren't well structured. E.g. I modify the style Standard from "Arial" to "Times Roman" and my complete Word-document is updated, all text objects know their styles, all styles are at least derived from Standard and so just one modification does it all, I don't have to select any single text to to that. And at least it's the same with AutoCAD styles.

Just to know what you try to do: I know Civil3D to create technical drawings, why do you need then hundreds of styles in one drawing? I use 2-5 styles, that's it. Creating e.g. titleblocks with textobjects having a lot of different fonts is nothing usual, isn't it?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report