Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

first time user creating contours from an existing survey file

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
blasman123
1191 Views, 9 Replies

first time user creating contours from an existing survey file

HI all!

I am pulling my hair out here trying to create contours from an exiting survey file. I am new to Civil 3d 2012. What I need to accompish is create a 3d topo from the points with contours and then creat a 3d model of the area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sonny

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

first thing to do is to create civil 3d points from the existing points. they seem to be text with an upsidedown "A".

Message 3 of 10

hmmm ... how do I do that?

Message 4 of 10
owenmull
in reply to: blasman123

Go to the home tab, Points, Create Points.

Create points at all the nodes (A's) with the appropriate data. Then create a surface, and add these points to that surface. You can change how the contours display in the surface.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

Obviously this was not generated in an Autocad product.  Perhaps with the rotated cursor reminds me of Carlson.  Howwever, the numbers don't make sense either.  Maybe some are point numbers and some elevations.  Not too precise since they are all even numbers.

I believe more information is needed.  In the meantime, go through all the tutorials that are related to points and surfaces.

Bill

Message 6 of 10
blasman123
in reply to: wfberry

I have the ASC file that the surveryor sent along with the cad file ...

Message 7 of 10
wfberry

Here are your points in a 2012 file.  After you have done all the Tutorials, report back.  Usinig PNEZD since the format was not provided.

Bill

Message 8 of 10
jmayo-EE

You can also create a surface directly from the AutoCAD point objects. If you do not need to display the point data this could save a bit of time. In the surface definition right click on Drawing Objects and select Add. See the atached.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Oops. 🙂

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 10 of 10
blasman123
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thank you everyone for your help! I will try to take it from here!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report