Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feature lines - arc segment fillet

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
el.Topo
914 Views, 2 Replies

feature lines - arc segment fillet

I create a feature line including some arcs. While editing I need to redimension the feature line, but the arcs will lose tangency. Therefore I have to break/trim/delete/manually edit the tangents until they intersect and then FILLET them to get a new arc. I tried EDIT CURVE with 0 Radius but it's not acceptable. Any workaround on this one (filleting feature lines like polylines or a closing option)?

Thank you

MacBook Pro, Intel Core i7 CPU M 620@2.67GHz, 8GB RAM
W7Pro SP1, 64-bit / Civil3D 2016
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dgordon
in reply to: el.Topo

vk,

by re-dimensioning the feature do you mean changing the size of a radius of one of the curves?

if so the edit curve command for feature lines works.   if you want a zero radius there is a delete option to get rid of the curve which will replace the curve with a zero radius fillet.   If you have a zero radius fillet and wish to add a curve then the fillet command can be used to do this.   

I don't understand when you say that the curve looses tangency.   They don't appear to do that at all for me.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 3 of 3
el.Topo
in reply to: dgordon

thank you!

it's this "Delete" option I could not find that solves my problem.

🙂

MacBook Pro, Intel Core i7 CPU M 620@2.67GHz, 8GB RAM
W7Pro SP1, 64-bit / Civil3D 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report