Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fbk file (field genius) - civil adds lines?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
fabdist
661 Views, 2 Replies

fbk file (field genius) - civil adds lines?

we are using microsurvey field genius in our office.  field genius lets me export the survey data in a fieldbook file (i have attached one). 

the points are in coordinates and the lines that were defined in the field are added at the end of the file. 

when i import this fbk file to my survey database, it not only draws the defined survey lines, but ALSO adds one line for each line code that connects all the points that carry this code (e.g. EG (edge of gravel)) in an ascending order - so there will be an EG1 and and EG2 (as defined at the end of the file), but there will also be one just called EG that connects all the EG points from the lowest point number to the highest.

I have attached two dwg file - one called "DOES" (which is what civil does when i import this fbk file) and one called "SHOULD" (what it should look like) to show what happens.

why is this happening?  do i have a setting wrong or do i just have to live with this and edit the wrong survey figures out?

any suggestions?

thanks,

fabia

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rl_jackson
in reply to: fabdist

When you import the fieldbook, Uncheck process line work. Then it will read just the bottom of the fieldbook file and connect the lines.

You have defined Figure, DesKeys etc. so when it see the code it start a line when you have this process linework checked, it works this way in  version 11-.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
fabdist
in reply to: rl_jackson

perfect! it worked (and it was an easy fix too 😉  thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report