Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fatal error - help

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
sfletch
367 Views, 7 Replies

fatal error - help

I am getting  the following fatal error at random times after opening a dwg;  autocad error aborting. Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 exception 661fd2ech. Any suggestions to fix are appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
john.mckenzie
in reply to: sfletch

Things to try in order that I would try them

run a recover on dwg.

-purge regapps

audit.

-purge general (all)

if that all fails, or this is happening across projects and very randomly.....

Look to see if any add ons can be temporarilly disabled to check stability (if add ons exist)

Repair software

Reinstall software.

Message 3 of 8

this a new version install. If so, Can your hardware handle the upgrade, If it can, I would start with the install. Something is likely wrong.

Message 4 of 8
sfletch

Thanks for the advice. I will try your recommendations but I already tried purging and auditing with no luck. This error message and the shutdowns have been occuring since I originally installed the C3d 2013 software on my toshiba laptop. It is 64-bit os running windows 8 with 6gb RAM so I believe it should be able to handle it. Thanks.

Message 5 of 8
wfberry

You originally left out the Windows 8 and C3D 2013.  I think we have found the problem.

Bill

Windows 7 x 64 Professional
Nvidia GeForce 9800 & 8500
12 GB Ram
i7 965 @ 3.20 GHz
Corsair Force 240 GB SSD
Infrastructure Suite 2014

Message 6 of 8
john.mckenzie
in reply to: wfberry

Bill,

your post indicates that windows 8 and 2013 are incompatible yet the OP says random fatal errors? wouldn't they be continuous fatal error at launch if they are incompatible?

Message 7 of 8
troma
in reply to: john.mckenzie

I remember reading comments on here from quite a few people who tested it out; some on purpose knowing it would have problems, and some with no idea at all. Seems like some things were fine & it would chug along, then other tasks would cause sudden death like this poster.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 8 of 8
Jeff_M
in reply to: john.mckenzie

@john.mckenzie wrote:

Bill,

your post indicates that windows 8 and 2013 are incompatible yet the OP says random fatal errors? wouldn't they be continuous fatal error at launch if they are incompatible?

I found that I could run C3D2013 anywhere from 20 seconds to 10 minutes in Windows8. Installing SP1 AND Hotfix 3 greatly improved stability. SP2 improved the stability even more.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report