AutoCAD Civil 3D General

thisismyid
Message 1 of 4 (168 Views)

exporting to XML ignores all edits to the surface

168 Views, 3 Replies
04-28-2013 11:52 PM

Hello,

I'm really struggling with exporting a surface to XML.

I made a surface in which I paste all relevant corridor surfaces for the subarea of the project.

The surface looks OK in the file, but when I export, the XML file ignores my few edits, and adds excessive triangulation between adjacent corridors.

I already tried with adding boundaries, creating snapshots, exporting to XML 1.0 1.1 1.2, and regardless of what software I use the resulting XML, it looks crap, and the drainage team is struggling to work with it.

Any other Ideas?

==== i7 @3.4GHz ==== 8GB @666MHz ==== ATI/AMD @675MHz ==== win7 x64 ====
Valued Mentor
ralstogj
Message 2 of 4 (159 Views)

Re: exporting to XML ignores all edits to the surface

04-29-2013 01:14 AM in reply to: thisismyid
I have found the landxml export ignores the surface boundaries. Try referencing the surface into another drawing then promoting and sometimes show the 3dfaces explode and rebuild and then export to landxml
Regards

Justin Ralston
http://c3dxtreme.blogspot.com/
*Expert Elite*
jmayo
Message 3 of 4 (142 Views)

04-29-2013 07:41 AM in reply to: thisismyid

Are your LandXML Export settings configured to export points and faces?

John Mayo, PE
IDSP 2014
Win 7 64, Xeon ES165@3.2Ghz,
64 GB RAM, Quadro K4000 (x2)
thisismyid
Message 4 of 4 (113 Views)

04-29-2013 10:07 PM in reply to: jmayo

Justin - Changing the way it is displayed doesn't do much. Also, note that it I not only aplied a boundary but also removed some triangles using surface edit, and these edits are also not applied in the XML

John - Yes, points and faces

==== i7 @3.4GHz ==== 8GB @666MHz ==== ATI/AMD @675MHz ==== win7 x64 ====

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs