Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exporting LAT LONG off state plane DWG file

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
hislopcd
3382 Views, 4 Replies

exporting LAT LONG off state plane DWG file

Hello,

I am extremely new to using CIVIL, my goal is to export a bunch of points placed on a DWG that was done with state plane coordinates.  I used to be able to do this in CIVIL version 2012 by using the MAPEXPORT command, I have done enough research to find the DATAEXTRACTION command in CIVIL 2013, so I have the process of exporting down, but I cannot figure out how to get the points to read in LAT-LONG instead of state plane coordinates…  any hints would be MUCH appreciated. 

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
antoniovinci
in reply to: hislopcd

In the Options tab of the MAPEXPORT command, check "Convert coordinates to" and ensure you have LL83 (or LL84) in that field, sir.

Message 3 of 5
hislopcd
in reply to: antoniovinci

Thank you very much for the reply, MAPEXPORT was the command I had been using before we had upgraded to 2013.  It used to export my points nicely to a DBF file, but now it wants the information to go to a SDF file, which I seem to not be able to open.  That is when I found out about the DATAEXTRACTION command. 

Message 4 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: hislopcd

Keeping it in the Civil 3D arena, it is quite easy to make a Lat Long point label.

Bill

Message 5 of 5
hislopcd
in reply to: wfberry

how does one do that? and export many of them to a file that excel can read??

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report