Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export xml contours not the same

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
acherry
356 Views, 2 Replies

export xml contours not the same

trouble....i'm exporting a surface from 2013 to be used in 2010 for presentation. works great but the contour interval is not the same as the surface i'm exporting. working in 5/25 contours...xml import comes in with 2/10 contours. looked for a setting but can't seem to find. help?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
troma
in reply to: acherry

Contour interval is set by surface style.  What style are you putting the surface on when you import? You can set that style before or after you import, or you can put the surface on a different style as you import, or later.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 3
acherry
in reply to: troma

Yes, that makes sense. thank you. I imported the file and exploded it for minor cleanup and presentation before i noticed the contours were not the same as the original. Strange, that when I started a new drawing and imported the same xml file, only the tinn boundary came in, no contours??? I'm kinda new to this 3d stuff and do a lot of head scratching. Sometimes I get the light bulb.sometimes not. Your help is appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report