Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export band data

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
2567 Views, 10 Replies

export band data

Is there a way to export the band data for an alignment with two profiles? I have an existing ground and a proposed profile. Can I export the station and elevation data from the band for both profiles?

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
rhdins
in reply to: Anonymous

I'll bring this thread back to life because I want to know the same thing.

Is there a way to do this besides just typing it into excel?
Message 3 of 11
Civil3DReminders

How about the toolbox? Incremental Station Elevation Difference Report or the Incremental Stationing Report or the Profiles in CSV or the PVI Station Report or the PVI Station and Curve Report or the Vertical Curve Report? If you provide more information I might do a post for your specific wants, I'm underemployed this week and have some free time.

Christopher
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
Message 4 of 11
rhdins

What I want is to export the data I have from my band to a text file or spreadsheet or something similar. I have it set up to display the difference between surface 1 and surface 2. I want to be able to get that info so I can calculate the average difference.
Message 5 of 11
Civil3DReminders

Here's a short video showing the steps: http://screencast.com/t/uKrhSGvQN
Message 6 of 11
rhdins

With that tool I can only compare two finished ground profiles. I want to compare two existing ground profiles. Also I don't have the "Incremental station elevation difference report" I've only got "Incremental Stationing Report" I'm in 2009.
Message 7 of 11
rhdins

Is the "Incremental station elevation difference report" something I need to create?
Message 8 of 11
Civil3DReminders

You can also use the Incremental Stationing report to get the profiles into Excel and then manipulate the data in Excel. The difference report must be new to 2010. If you are on subscription you probably could get access to Civil 3D 2010 and then update the references to work in 2009.

Christopher
Message 9 of 11
rhdins

I still have the problem that the report will only let me compare two "finished ground" profiles, and not existing ground profiles. I want to compare existing ground profiles, can this be done?
Message 10 of 11
Civil3DReminders

Doesn't look like you can other than going in and modifying the report. Another way to do this would be to create a TIN Volume Surface, create a profile from the surface and then copy the PVI data from the Panorama Window when you look at the Profile Grid View. The PVI Elevation will be the difference between the two profiles or surfaces.

Christopher
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

This is not ideal but will get the results.

Explode band to block,

Explode block,

Explode individual Mtext to Dtext,

Convert all Dtext to one Mtext,

Copy contents of Mtext and past into excel,

In Excel you might then have to convert text to columns and then transpose.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report