Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export alignment and sample lines

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
vahidi.alireza1
2896 Views, 5 Replies

export alignment and sample lines

Hi, 

i have an alignmet with sapmlelines, I need to export these to a new drawing. i tried export/import land xml, but it did not work. is there any solution for these? Thanks  

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: vahidi.alireza1

You may want to look into Data shortcuts

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Neilw_05

When you say Export, are you wanting to export to a dumb DWG file or are you wanting to put them in a new functional C3D file?

If the latter, why not use Saveas and write everything to a new file and clean out what you don't need.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 4 of 6
vahidi.alireza1
in reply to: Neilw_05

Thanks for your response, Actually i made two surfaces  from countours  and point(for the same location). i have a long stream which i  need to find the cross sections along it, i drew the alignment and sample lines in the surface which is made up of countours, i want to copy this alignment and samplelines  to the second surface to compare the cross sections with the first surface  but i am not able to do that. 

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
Neilw_05

It seems the workflow you are attempting to use is not the way the software was intended to be used. I think you'll need to get a better understanding of how the software works before attempting to use it. I recommend going through the tutorials included with the software on surface models, alignments, cross sections and sample lines. You'll also need to learn about Data Shortcuts which allow you to share data across drawings without duplication.

Without proper knowlege of the tools you'll miss out on a lot of functionality that will allow you to work more efficiently.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 6 of 6

To move an alignment with sample lines, into a different drawing:

1. Select all the sample lines that you want to move, right-click and copy to clipboard with a 0,0 point of reference (make sure you already have your coordinates sets properly).

2. Open the drawing with the secondary surface you were talking about. right-click and paste from clipboard, again with a 0,0 reference point.

3. Check the alignment and sample line settings / properties and change the surface they are referencing, to the surface you want to see.

(Note, I did this successfully with no need to use data shortcuts, or other tools. The version I am using is Civil 3D 2017).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report