Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

edit survey figure color

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
craigswearingen
1953 Views, 5 Replies

edit survey figure color

I noticed my figures all had the same color.  I clicked on the figure, went to Figure Properties, then to Figure Properties  again, Edit Current Seclection.  I chose the appropriate color for that figure.  However, it would change EVERY figure in that drawing to that color.  How do I change the color for a particular/specific figure without changing every figure? Thanks.

"There's always room."

Windows 10 Professional
64-Bit Intel Xeon W-2125 @ 4.00GHz
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.3
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

If you assign a layer in your figure prefix data base and allow the figure style to default to layer 0, color by layer, the figure prefix layer color should win.

Cyndy Davenport
Civil BIM Professional & Enthusiast
Contributing Author to Mastering Civil 3D
Decades of Experience
Message 3 of 6

Thank YOU!!  Tried everything except the "by layer" option. 

"There's always room."

Windows 10 Professional
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.3
Message 4 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: craigswearingen

"How do I change the color for a particular/specific figure without changing every figure?"

Cyndy's recommendation is same as our workflow and how I would go about it but your looking to force the issue without moving the figure to proper layer etc. A different style can be applied to the specific figure but figure lines color must be set to a specific color in the style applied.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 6
cyndycyndycyndy
in reply to: Jay_B

There is the by style school of thought and the bylayer school of thought.  Neither is wrong. If you are used to setting layers to control display properties, then setting layers in the figure prefix database and using a generic style is the way to go.  If you want to override any display properties of a figure to something other than the layer it's being inserted on by the figure prefix library, then create a special figure style for that.  If you want to adhere to the by style method, set all your figures to be inserted on a generic figure layer and configure a figure style for each figure.  Either method works, but the bylayer method is the easiest most intuitive way to go for new users.

Cyndy Davenport
Civil BIM Professional & Enthusiast
Contributing Author to Mastering Civil 3D
Decades of Experience
Message 6 of 6

We were looking to avoid having 1 style per figure so the "by layer" option works well.

Thank you all.

"There's always room."

Windows 10 Professional
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.3

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report