Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drawing a curve from legal description

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
poprox13
2735 Views, 7 Replies

drawing a curve from legal description

having problems figuring out how to draw this curve, if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

Here is the description......

North 41d15'38" East, a distance of 39.45 feet (here is where my problems begin) to the beginning of a non-tangent curve concave northwesterly and having a radius of 1560.00 feet; from which beginning of curve the radius point bears North 07d37'40" West

Thanks if anyone can help!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
SurveyorLee
in reply to: poprox13

Yes, from the pc, go the bearing shown and radius.  Then turn the cental (delta)angle and go back up the radius distance.  

That will then give you the beginning, ending and radius of the curve so you can draw it.  The curve will not be tangent to the straight sections.

Surveyor Lee

Message 3 of 8
poprox13
in reply to: SurveyorLee

Sorry, I dont understand what youre saying 🙂

Message 4 of 8
Pointdump
in reply to: poprox13

Poprox13,

Just like Lee said. Thusly:

NonTangent.PNG

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 8
tdonner
in reply to: Pointdump

Hi Dave and Lee Surveyor,

First off, thank you both for helping on this site!!  I'm almost getting what you two are saying...almost.  I see what you typed and I see the drawing BUT, forgive my ignorance...I don't know what keys you're using to make it happen...and the order you're doing it in.  I tried drawing what you drew Dave and I used Lee's description but I'm still failing.  I don't know HOW you made it happen.  Would you anyone be willing to go a step further and describe the steps...like kindergarten style?  I'm lost when it comes to non-tangent curves.

Any additional help would be SO GREATLY APPRECIATED.

I'm sorry I'm so remedial, I'm looking to learn.

Thank you in advance for any further help...from ANYONE!

Tami 🙂

Message 6 of 8
SurveyorLee
in reply to: tdonner

The easiest way would be to just call me. I can have you going quickly.

Lee Howell
843-819-7496
Sent from my iPhone
Message 7 of 8

Im new to Autodesk so please bare with me...

I have been trying to follow what was posted as far as for putting in curves from legal description but it just does not seem to be coming out correctly. It reads as:

Departing from the east boundary line of said 2.37-acre tract & continuing with the southerly boundary line of said 110.79-acre tract & with said curve that concave southeasterly whose central angle is 19d33'38" & whose radius is 352.00 feet (chord bears SOuth 74d50'53" East, a distance 119.59') a curve length of 120.17 feet to a 5?8 inch iron rod with a cap set for a common corner of the herein described parcel & said 110.79-acre tract & for a point of tangency. I am trying to put it in by curve by end of object by the way which I am not sure is the correct way. ANy help is appreciated. Thanks

Message 8 of 8

I would use the chord and chord bearing and come back and add the curve after the fact. If it’s not tangent you will wind up with misclosure that’s not really there

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report