Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

draw feature line ending elevation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
annw2
245 Views, 3 Replies

draw feature line ending elevation

Am I missing something?

In 2009 & 2010.  Draw feature line by grade does not display the end calculated elevation like the old LDD/Civil used to.

This used to be a very convenient display as it let you know right away if you had typed a grade in wrong.

Can this be brought back or am I missing the display in 3d?

Ann Wingert, P.E.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: annw2

There is nothing to bring back because this is not Land Desk Top. Is your command line open far enough or if you press F2 is there more info? I'm away from my work station now.

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I find the elevation editor easier to to use than the command line. I draw the line then edit with the elevation editor: quick, spans verts, reverible...

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
annw2
in reply to: annw2

You just highlighted my problem.  Your solution would work in old LDD/Civil only.

As far as I can tell, 3d doesn't display the elevation to have F2 show it.  This would be a very useful feature to check grades as you go.

Yes you can pull up the elevation editor, but it isn't always easy to match the elevation to the point.

Ann Wingert, P.E.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report