AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Distinguished Contributor
demus72
Message 1 of 2 (184 Views)

dragged state alignment station offset label

184 Views, 1 Replies
10-07-2013 10:17 AM

I would like to set up an alignment station offset label that when in the dragged state, offsets the arrowhead from the actual insertion point on the alignment in any direction and distance I specify. I am preparing some plans for a water line. I am working at a 1"=200' scale so all of the blocks representing fittings are scaled up so they are legible. In some instances, the fittings are right next to each other. If I place an alignment station offset label at the actual station and drag it away from the alignment, the arrowhead is pointing to the station but not the fitting. Is there a way to offset the arrowhead of a C3D label in dragged state other than in the direction of the leader?

Thank you for your help.

Mentor
john.mckenzie
Message 2 of 2 (150 Views)

Re: dragged state alignment station offset label

10-08-2013 06:43 AM in reply to: demus72

The station offset label appears to be performing as designed. You are pointing to station 10+04 and that is what is being labeled. Your gate valve is not at station 10+04 due to the scaling of the block.

I suspect that you want to label it as 10+04 new gate valve and have it point to a point that is not at sta 10+04.

that is not possible.

What you could do is label it and not show the leader at all. IF you needed you could draw some dumb linework to the valve.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs