Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doesn't recognize xref's already in vault

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
100 Views, 3 Replies

doesn't recognize xref's already in vault

Hello,

I have 10 master drawings that I have already checked into vault. Most of these master drawings are xref'd into each other. When I have modified one of these drawings and want to check it in, vault tries to check in the xrefs that are already in vault. If I let it check them in, it creates another folder with the same name under the original. Why would it try to check in an xref when it is already in vault?

Thank You
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Where did you Xref from? If you Xrefed from a different location than the
working folder, it will consider it as new.

--
James Wedding, P.E.
Engineered Efficiency, Inc.
Civil 3D 2007
XP Tablet, SP2, 2GHz, 2G
www.eng-eff.com
www.civil3d.com
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

We have just started using Civil3D & Vault and encountered the same situation. What we found was that the working folder in Civil3D was set different from the working folder in Vault Explorer. For some reason this caused Civil3D to think the xrefs were new to the vault and tries to check them in. Once we set the working folders to be the same in both programs, Civil3D recognized that the xref'd files were already in the vault and doesn't prompt to check them in with the main file.
Message 4 of 4
davidokonewski8100

Exactly. It sounds as if someone in your company needs to log into Vault Explorer as ADMIN and set a working folder. Once the user then logs in to the Vault it will FORCE Civil 3d into that working folder thus eliminating the problem it seems you are having.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report