Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discontinuous alignments

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lambertb
806 Views, 3 Replies

discontinuous alignments

I created an alignment from the arcs at my intersections. When I go to the geometry editor under grid view it only shows the first curve.

Does c3d support discontinuous alignments? When building edge of pavements at intersections is the workflow to make a new alignment for each intersection?

Thanks.

C3D 2022 and 2024
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
troma
in reply to: lambertb

You can make it all one alignment with tangents connecting the curves.  Then add a masking on each tangent so you can't see them.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 4
mathewkol
in reply to: lambertb

troma's comment is correct about how you can have an alignment display only certain parts, but this is not how an intersection is constructed within Civil 3D.  Each curb return should be its own separate alignment; this is how the ntersectio wizard works.  It's ok to have the left and right EP alignment continuous from one end of your alignment to the other and mask the alignment within the intersection.  I'm not sure which scenario yo're describing, EP through the intersection or the curb returns, so I commented on both.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 4
lambertb
in reply to: mathewkol

It seems better to use polylines for the edge of pavement vs alignments. Yes, I was breaking my alignment through the intersections.

Another question of discontinuous alignments. I have a subdivision with multiple roads each within a right of way. Instead of creating 8 right of way alignments and EG profiles to view the row on cross sections, can I create one alignment covering all the right of way? This alignment would be discontinuous.

C3D 2022 and 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report