Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dialogue windows not working properly

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
achillesgr
615 Views, 8 Replies

dialogue windows not working properly

Hello, I have strange issue on two different PCs.on with w7 and on win 8. The dialogue windows seems not working properly. If for example I open the point creation tools and hit the + to open a sub list it seems that the list opens but the graphics do not show it.I must move the mouse over the list and then the graphics refreshes. Another example is the point group properties dialogue. I open it and I sellect the all points group,then I hit the up or down arrow to change its position .it is really moving up or down but I do not see it in the dialogue .the graphics is stucked at the initial position. I hope i was clear about the problem .that is happening in most dialogue windows. I must move the mouse jerky to "unstuck" the window and force its content to refresh. Thanks, I appreciate any help. Hardware acceleration is on,tried with off but no results. This is on c3d 2015
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mathewkol
in reply to: achillesgr

That's very likely a compatibility issue between your graphics driver and C3D. Try a newer or even an older driver. Try turning off hardware acceleration or on if it's off now.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 9
achillesgr
in reply to: mathewkol

My card is an nvidia, I think 550 on a i7 machine.I tried the driver update with same results. Where can in see if it is compatible with c3d? I am not sure about the model but I payed extra to have this card especially for graphic work and it Is 2gb one. Is there a way to run any diagnostic maybe in c3d? I also tried empty templates... Thanks!
Message 4 of 9
Pointdump

A,

2015 seems picky about graphics cards. My Nvidia card works fine in 2014, but 2015 doesn't like it at all.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 9
neilyj666

This is an ongoing problem that seems to be solved by grabbing the dialog box and moving it slightly

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 6 of 9
mathewkol

I don't even have to move the dialog. Try just miving your cursor outside the dialog.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 7 of 9
onsionsi1

So, did anyone have any idea why is that hapening on some PC and others it seems working fine.

Please do not forget approve as solutions and Points
to Remember Please Accept as Solution and Kudos Please
Message 8 of 9
achillesgr
in reply to: onsionsi1

hello guys,
yes it works if i move the window but it is very annoying!!
i have this problem with the manual point creation window and it is a mess to move the window all the time or work in blind.

fortunately only some windows have problems , not all.

the strange thing is that in two pc i have this problem:
an i7 with nvidia gtx550
i3 with onborad i think card.

Dave , do you think it will solve a new card ?

thanks

Message 9 of 9
Pointdump

A,

I wish I knew. I turn off Hardware Acceleration when I'm in 2015. Everything works, but it's slower than 2014.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report