Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleting surfaces

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Scott Wolfe
1463 Views, 2 Replies

deleting surfaces

How can I delete a surface once the dependencies are in place. when there are dependencies, the delete option goes away. when I tried to eliminate the dependencies, the dependency icon did not go away and I didn't have the ability to delete the surface. Now I have a surface that is empty.

Scott Wolfe
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Scott Wolfe

Scott, The delete option is removed from the right click of prospector if there is a dependency (However, I do not think there is really a good reason we do that). For example, if you create a profile from a surface, you cannot delete the surface via right click option. However, you can select the surface directly in the drawing and hit the delete key. In this example, the profile will become a "Static" profile since it can no longer find the surface. It sounds like you are running into a situation where the surface reference is not being removed, but the surface is empty. You could try to just add some temporary data (such as a breakline). Once the surface is displayed, you can select it and delete it. Dan Philbrick Autodesk, Inc. "Scott Wolfe" wrote in message news:18705638.1102523703712.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > How can I delete a surface once the dependencies are in place. when there are dependencies, the delete option goes away. when I tried to eliminate the dependencies, the dependency icon did not go away and I didn't have the ability to delete the surface. Now I have a surface that is empty. > > Scott Wolfe
Message 3 of 3
Scott Wolfe
in reply to: Scott Wolfe

OK, Thanks Dan.

I had an empty surface.

That should work.

Scott Wolfe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report