Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

default description key

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
rwatson654
858 Views, 8 Replies

default description key

I know the default Description Key Sets can be set in the Properties.  If I set the order in our template drawing this does not seem to hold when a new drawing is started with the template.  How can I set the default description key for when a new dwg is created from the template?

Civil 3D, 2009 & 2011

Win 7 Enterprise 64bit

8 GB

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
SethHall
in reply to: rwatson654

Hi rwatson654-

Are you referring to the description key sets search order? This should hold, and I just tested this to confirm in Civil 3D 2011. One thing I would like to note is that the order displayed in the Settings tab only displays the order in which they were created, not the actual search order. The search order will be displayed in the DESCRIPTION KEY SETS>PROPERTIES dialog.

Hope this helps!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 9
rwatson654
in reply to: SethHall

I've only tried in C3D 2009 and it's not holding for me.  I can get it to work in a newly created drawing but not in the dwt.  Will have to test 2011.

Message 4 of 9
Cadguru42

I'm having the same problem where the order is not being held.  There are only two description keys in my drawing, however the description key order shows one of them twice and the other one for a total of three.  I want the Plot Key Set to be used, so I moved it to the top of the list.  No matter if I hit Apply or OK, the order does not keep.  I ran an audit and there are no errors. No matter what I do, I cannot get the Plot Key Set descriptions to apply to my drawing.  It always applies the other one.

Any idea what's going on?

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 5 of 9
RDunkley
in reply to: Cadguru42

I am having the same issue here...

After creating a new Descripton Key Set, no matter whether I hit 'Apply' or 'OK' I cannot get the newly created one to hold. The only way I could get this to work was to delete the older DKS from the drawing.

Does anyone know how I can get the order to hold?

Thanks.

Ross.

Currently using Civil 3D 2022
Message 6 of 9
wetsnow13
in reply to: RDunkley

For me, I am able to set the order by right clicking on the description key sets "header" in the settings tab under points.  Then save as DWT.  When I open the keys are in the order set.

Message 7 of 9
jmayo-EE

I know one release had issues with this that were fixed with the service packs. Is 09 fully updated?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
Cadguru42
in reply to: RDunkley

@RDunkley wrote:

I am having the same issue here...

After creating a new Descripton Key Set, no matter whether I hit 'Apply' or 'OK' I cannot get the newly created one to hold. The only way I could get this to work was to delete the older DKS from the drawing.

Does anyone know how I can get the order to hold?

Thanks.

Ross.

I never did get an answer to my problem. I have since created a completely new survey template and I haven't created more than one key description in the template.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 9 of 9
rwatson654
in reply to: Cadguru42

With 09 we deleted the old set when a new drawing was started, then imported points.  I think the survey department has been doing that since.  They are currently on 13.  I will ask thme to check if the keys are holding.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report