Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dace points

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
brittpiap
288 Views, 4 Replies

dace points

Hello, 

So I have a drawing that was created in 2009 C3D survey, and our client wants us to submit it in a completely aecc free form.

Okay, so exported as an ACAD drawing, and that took care of a lot of it.  However, they also want DACE points, which is before my time since I was trained on C3D,  and it seems it would take an eternity to translate my thousands of points into point no, elev, description, and node.

Is there any way I can export the points from my native drawing into this cartoon as dace points?

Thanks,

Britt

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Sinc
in reply to: brittpiap

Easiest thing may be to export the points to something like a PNEZD csv file, and let them import that into their old software.

Sinc
Message 3 of 5
brittpiap
in reply to: Sinc

would they need our description key set so the points would come in right?

I have received point files from other companies, and had to change all the descriptors before inserting them.

ack, there must be a protocol for this with all the different versions of AutoCad out there.

Message 4 of 5
brittpiap

I think I may have figured it out, but it is kind of irritating since I have done a lot of work on this already, some of which I will have to either backtrack or redo.

In Utilities under Points, it has a block from cogo points command which creates a point block that can separate into elev, pnt, and desc layers.  viola. Now I am that much smarter, but with pain.

Message 5 of 5
Sinc

@brittpiap wrote:

would they need our description key set so the points would come in right?

They shouldn't...

Really, they shouldn't need your points at all, because hopefully you've given them a fully-formed surface, and your survey should have all linework drawn, all symbols inserted (with legend), and have called out all other points of interest (including project control points).  They should not care what your point codes say.

So in theory, they should only need the plain Autocad export of your survey, along with information to rebuild the surface (LandXML export or TIN triangles).

Sinc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report